Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Problem with downloading music

Problem with downloading music

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy J7 2017

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

Everything was good before until I open today the app because I want to download couple albums so I can listen to them in offline mode. I am using 4G and the option "Download using cellular" is checked but when I go to the album and select the "Download" button it says "Go to the settings to download using cellular" and now I can't download albums anymore. Why?

7 Replies

Hey @Andi96,

Weolcome to the community!

It's worth resetting your offline devices to see if this helps. To do so, just head to Offline Devices on your Account Overview and click the 'Remove All Devices' button. As a heads up, you'll need to redownload all your offline tracks once you click the button.

Let us know how it goes, 

/T

Nothing happened. The same message is popping up when I click the "Download" button☹

Hey @Andi96.

Thanks for the update.

In that case, could we get you to:

• check the device for software updates?

If things still don’t look right, let us know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system that you're running.

Looking forward to hearing back from you 🙂

P

How do you add a off line device again after removing them ?

Cheers.

Hey Peter,

I try reinstalling the app couple of times but still nothing is changing.

I check the Google store and I don't have updates.

My version of Spotify is: 8.4.70.666 armV7

My Android is version 7.0

Hey @ChrisQuinlan12.

Thanks for your question 🙂

You simply download music onto the device for offline listening: the device will automatically be added as an offline device.

Hope that helps,

P

Hey @Andi96,

Thanks for your update 🙂

Have you tried updating your OS on your phone? Is 8.0 available for the Samsung Galaxy J7, o is 7.0 the latest available version?

If it's already up to date, can you restart your phone (switch it off and on again) and see what happens? It might be a problem with the 3/4G network, in which case this might help refresh things.

We'll be here if you have any more questions.

Take care,

P

Suggested posts