Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Problems connecting Fire HDX to Fire TV

Solved!

Problems connecting Fire HDX to Fire TV

Hi Team,

I have a problem while connecting from my Fire HDX-Tablen App to Fire TV.

I am in the same Network with my 3 devices:

- Fire TV with Spotify Connect installed

- Fire HDX Tablet with Spotify App from Amazon Appstore installed

- Samsung Galaxy S4 with Spotify App from Google Play Store installed

Following Steps I did:

- Fire TV is online

- Galaxy S4 is online

- I started Spotify on the Fire HDX

- I've chosen a Title and pressed the "Speaker-Button" to switch to other devices

Following Problem occured:

- the Fire TV does not show up any devices in the device list

To verify, if there is a problem with the fire-tv I checked the same with my Galaxy S4.

Once I switched to the "Device-List" within Galaxy S4 the Fire-TV and the Fire Tablet does show up immediately.

Once I switched the Music to the Fire-TV from Galaxy S4 it also showed up in the List on the Fire HDX.

Can you please check, if there is a bug in the Fire HDX App - or tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thank you very much!

BigFatMike

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Guys.

I got the solution.

Spotify-Support told me that Spotify Connect for Amazon Fire TV and Spotify Music for Kindle Fire HDX are supported by Amazon as they changed some parts of the Source-Code.

So I called Amazon Support.

In my case I downloaded the Spotify-App either when I was online though a different Network (e.g. Companys Network through different "Country") or Amazon had the Spotify-App I downloaded available for some time in my Country.

Anyway I just Installed the App new from Amazon Store and directly sent it to my Fire HDX. Now I have 2 times Spotify installed:

Spotify Music (the new one V.1.5.0.739) - Works immediately

Spotify Kindle Tablet edition (the old one - V.1.0.1.984) - Does not work

As you can see it seems the old Tablet edition was not updated anymore - so the new Functionalities do not work on this version.

So - just try to install the correct version, that is available in your country and enjoy!

P.S.: If you search for the "Discover"-Functionality in new app - just have a look in "Browse" - there you can find this 🙂

Kind Regards!

Stefan

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Odd, I wasn't aware the Fire TV was supported for connect yet. Unfortunately I don't have any Amazon HW to test with to see what could be going wrong or if any parts are incompatible. I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here and they will be able to liaise with the Android team to see what exactly is supported and in what capacity.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi Daniel,

Yes, it works fine, once the connection is established.

Spotify was one of the Apps, Amazon used within advertisement.

Thank you for the hint, I opened a Service Request.

Once I got an answer, I will inform you here in the Forum.

Regards

BigFatMike

Is this problem resolved ? I have same problem. I was expecting some log in process but there is none.

Hi, 

I went in contact with support.

They told me to reset my devices here and this should solve the problem:

https://www.spotify.com/de/account/offline-devices/

!!!Please mind that you need to download Offline Files again after resetting your devices!!!

I tried this, but still have the same problem.

Pic 1 shows the status before I started switching Music to Fire TV.

Pic 2 shows the status on Tablet after switching to Fire TV.

I am looking forward to a solution ...

KR

BigFatMike

Pic1.jpg
Pic2.jpg
Marked as solution

Hi Guys.

I got the solution.

Spotify-Support told me that Spotify Connect for Amazon Fire TV and Spotify Music for Kindle Fire HDX are supported by Amazon as they changed some parts of the Source-Code.

So I called Amazon Support.

In my case I downloaded the Spotify-App either when I was online though a different Network (e.g. Companys Network through different "Country") or Amazon had the Spotify-App I downloaded available for some time in my Country.

Anyway I just Installed the App new from Amazon Store and directly sent it to my Fire HDX. Now I have 2 times Spotify installed:

Spotify Music (the new one V.1.5.0.739) - Works immediately

Spotify Kindle Tablet edition (the old one - V.1.0.1.984) - Does not work

As you can see it seems the old Tablet edition was not updated anymore - so the new Functionalities do not work on this version.

So - just try to install the correct version, that is available in your country and enjoy!

P.S.: If you search for the "Discover"-Functionality in new app - just have a look in "Browse" - there you can find this 🙂

Kind Regards!

Stefan

Thanks for responding. Great you've got the issue solved, so as to help others I'll mark your post as the solution in case anyone else comes across this thread.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts