Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Problems when using Spotify Connect

Problems when using Spotify Connect

I've enjoyed using Spotify Connect since it was first introduced.  I typically use it from my desktop (PC or Linux) to control the music playing out of my Android Phone while playing games or browsing the web on my PC.  In the last couple days (perhaps since the last Windows app update?) I've encountered the problem that the songs I've selected on my PC with Connect will stop playing and the last radio station or playlist I selected directly on my phone will start playing again.

For example: I'm listening to a radio station selected on my PC and songs from earlier in the day from my exercise station will start playing.

Update:  I'm not sure if this is directly a problem with the Connect feature or with the Android app itself restarting previously selected stations when listening to a new station, it's just a problem I've encounterred mostly when using the Connect feature.

3 Replies

That is odd. It almost sounds like the phone is losing connection with the Connect server and therefore revertnig back to it's last played item.

Please try a clean install; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

I followed the instructions to the guide and looked for any leftover folders to the extent I could using my phone's file manager.  However, I'm still encountering the same problem.  Is there a way to start a Techinical Support ticket on this issue?  It's certainly a major problem to have Spotify stop responding to my music selections.

You can contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts