Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Radio Missing

Radio Missing

With the most recent update it looks like the Playlist Radio and Artist Radio options are missing. Anyone else see this?

6 Replies

Yeah I’m having the same issue, it doesn’t make sense to me. Someone told me that the “This is...” artist selection was the same as radio, but when I started skipping it was still the same artist. They need to bring radio back ASAP

It says here, "Spotify Radio has been removed from the free, ad-supported service on mobile. To hear the perfect line-up of tracks at the touch of a button, check out Daily Mix.".

That's just awful! I started using Spotify because it was so much easier to use on mobile than Pandora, and I almost exclusively use the Radio. It looks like I'll have to switch services for the remainder of writing my dissertation. I can't really justify paying for Spotify Premium when I can get good background music from Pandora.

We get something close to Radio with the playlists from Spotify. Just search for songs/artists/albums and scroll down to the playlist inspired by the search target. You can add it your Library by hearting it. 

This is what I have done as an alternative:

Find the song for which you want

Select "add to a playlist" 

Name your playlist whatever you want

Go to your playlist (there's only one song) and select Shuffle Play

Since it's non-premium, it won't **just** play your song

cumbersome but better than not having any radio at all

I have tried your way and found it lacking. Some of the songs added by the algorithm did not go together with the seed song. The way I shared earlier is better. Besides being convenient, the songs in the playlist seem to have been added by humans. I haven't had to dismiss any song in the playlist. 

Suggested posts