Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Radio plays from search

Radio plays from search

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8 active

Operating System

Android 8.0.0 (no updates available) 

My Question or Issue

When I search for a song and click to play, spotify automatically starts that song's radio. Which makes it difficult when the song i click doesn't have a radio and i get an error. 

10 Replies

Hey @Spectrre1611,

That sounds odd! Does it happen wherever you click to play a track? For example, if you're on an artist page and click a song in an album. 

Keep us posted, 

/T

No only in search and on radio search. 

Hey @Spectrre1611

Got it, for search this is likely the Autoplay feature - which automatically plays simlar songs when your music ends. You can switch this off under the 'Playback' section of your settings.

We hope this helps!

/T

Nope. Tried that before, tried again just now. The picture attached is one such song I'm aware that doesn't have radio so it shows what I mean with an error.

Screenshot_20180907-114215_Spotify.jpg

Just wanted to say that the picture was before I started actually driving. 

Don't use your phone while driving... I have responded to too many accidents because of such..

Hey @Spectrre1611,

It's great to hear that you take safety first 🙂 

We can see that you're using the Waze integration. Does this happen only when using Spotify with Waze, or even when using Spotify stand-alone?

Have you experienced this with other tracks?  

With or without integration on.  And yes with other songs too.

Hey again @Spectrre1611,

Thanks for keeping us posted. We'd like to recreate this from our side. For this, we need two things (you don't have to use Waze):

• Step by step description of how this happens with as many details as possible, from starting the app til getting the error message.
  • The URI of the track that didn't work. 

Thanks!

https://open.spotify.com/track/0gE1PX3iWqTeM4SrGDmVkE

This is the rattling bog song that I know gives the error. It's the first one in search with various artists. 

I start spotify, search and click all songs. Click one and it starts playing (radio station). Or it gives the error.

Hey @Spectrre1611,

Thanks for sending that over, we're unable to recreate this on our. Could you try reinstalling the app to see if it makes a difference?

Keep us posted, 

/T

Suggested posts