Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Random Pausing

Random Pausing

Device: Google Pixel 1

Plan: Premium Family 

I'm new to Spotify. I acquired it through an invite from my mom to our family plan. 

Today I listened to my playlist on Shuffle as I did my chores and just after finishing I was getting a snack and noticed that it had paused itself. 

At first, I didn't know what to make of the abrupt stopping of the music but wondered if it was caused by the distance I was from my phone as I use Bluetooth earbuds. Though when I venture too far, the audio crackles before cutting out and an electronic voice will say 'Disconnected'. 

Still, when I realized it had paused, I thought nothing of it, thinking perhaps it was a feature to accommodate the scenario of a listener falling asleep such as on a road trip. A sort of sleep mode. 

When it occurred during roughly every other song in progression that was when I grew concerned. That's too frequent for a sleep mode. 

Upon Googling I read in this thread:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Spotify-Keeps-Pausing-Randomly/td-p/932057/page/1

(which I was about to post this to but then realized just in time that it is a Windows thread).

That this can be caused by multiple listeners using the same account and I have no idea of the habits of the other users on my plan but it's quite possible that my mom uses the app at work. She has a very slow and quiet desk job. 

But I'm quite certain that all users on our plan have their own accounts. My mom was on Spotify who knows how long before I was and though I registered using an invite, it had me create a new account. In accordance, no one else should be using my account. 

If being on the same plan can cause this interference between separate accounts, that's bull!

0 Replies

Suggested posts