Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Random songs based on what I have in my playlist being added to my playlist?

Random songs based on what I have in my playlist being added to my playlist?

Hey there folks. Sorry for bothering any and all of you with this situation I am currently having this evening.

I recently had my Spotify app update to whatever version it is currently. I am on a Motorola Moto Z Force running Android 7.1.1. While the app my have updated last week for me, the issue I am experiencing I didn't notice until tonight.

The issue that I am currently having is I am adding songs to a new Spotify playlist, and immediately after adding a song, my Spotify playlist tells me that we added these songs to my playlist.

I am really confused, as well as upset about this sort of thing. While I do listen to a wide variety of music, the playlist I am creating is specifically for music related to the metal and rock genre, and it is adding music that I don't want on there.

Is there any way that I can turn this feature off? If so, where do I go on my app or on a browser to turn it off?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you.

The screenshot that I attached shows what I am talking about. All these songs got added after 1 song I added.

Screenshot_20180319-220350.png
3 Replies

Hey @BankaiPhoenix, welcome to the community!

Don't worry, these songs are not actually part of your playlist. However, they are suggestions from Spotify since this is part of the Free service on mobile devices.

You can find all the info about Spotify Free on all devices here.

The more music you add and like (using the heart and ban icons), the better these suggestions should be.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Alfredo, they might not be part of our actual playlist, but they do get played when you are playing your playlist on shuffle. I did not put these songs on my playlist so why do i have to listen to them. Spotify only allows a limited amount of FF, why should I have to waste them on songs I don't want to hear!

Hey @rekkd28!

I understand. However, this is part of the Free service on mobile devices. These suggestions should improve according to your listening habits.

To avoid the suggested songs, you can try Premium here. You can also use the desktop app, and you'll even be able to play any song on demand without shuffle.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts