Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Repeat button is gone on premium account.

Repeat button is gone on premium account.

I'm a premium user in the US. Typically I listen to just my daily mixes on my commute, but last night I went to listen to a specific album and noticed the repeat button had been replaced with one of the heart shaped like buttons. I don't know when this happened, since daily mixes don't allow repeat, but I believe it happened in the last week or so. Force stopping and reinstalling the app did nothing. I already contacted Spotify support about this and they confirmed it's part of an update I received.

I believe they removed it as part of a testing program, but the long and short of it is if this isn't resolved soon (like the next time I want to repeat a song or album), I'll just cancel my Spotify subscription and go to another streaming service. It's ridiculous I'm having to go to the community page to get visibility over a feature I pay for.

If anyone else had this happen or has any ideas on when I might get my repeat back, please let me know.

Screenshot_20180828-204324.png
3 Replies

I just noticed last night when I turned on my playlist for when I sleep that it was gone.

Kinda **bleep** about it and I'm thinking about cancelling my premium. I can get the same service from Google Play, and it takes up less room on my phone. 

My repeat button is gone too. Don’t know why they would remove such an essential feature or make it a hassle to get to. I’m also a premium member and removing basic features isn’t something I would consider premium service. Also, if this is part of a test, why wasn’t I allowed to opt of the test or been notified about it? 

It's not gone, they've stupidly moved it from the bottom right of the "Now Playing" screen to behind the '...' menu in the top right of the same screen.

Why they've done this in favour of the heart icon or the share icon is beyond me. Especially as the repeat function has a mind of its own and turns itself on and off when it wants to, losing visibility of it is a senseless and pointless feature change.

Suggested posts