Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[SOLVED] Notification / Bluetooth Not Updating

[SOLVED] Notification / Bluetooth Not Updating

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

This is an issue I have resolved today and am going to explain what the issue is and how to potentially resolve it on your end as well.

Lately I have noticed that the notification on the Android pull-down menu will not update the song information after I've locked the screen of the phone. This also results in the information on my car not updating the current song/remaining time of the song, etc.

There must have been an Android update that has recently caused this and below are the steps to get it working properly again. However, this fix will only work if you have already taken other steps necessary, such as allowing Spotify to run in the background, turning off battery optimization, etc. Information on those can be found in other topics.

To resolve this issue, you'll need to go in to your Android Media Panel settings and allow "Use while phone is locked". I can't seem to find any way to get to this in the settings menu or finding it through the "Search" function in settings, so to get started, you'll need to open Spotify and begin playing a song. You may pause the song immediately if you want. After you have done this, follow the steps in the pictures below I have provided.

In step #1, this icon that the arrow is pointing to seems to be new as far as I can tell. If you do not have this icon, try and find something similar, or try to find a way to get to Step #2's screen so you can go to "Settings".

In Step #4, make sure the setting "Use while phone is locked" is turned on. After you have done this, close Spotify and go in to your background apps and close it there as well (i.e. close Spotify from running completely). Also, swipe the Spotify notification off of your pull-down menu to clear it. Alternatively, you can just restart your phone.

When you open Spotify and resume playing, the notification should now update properly as well as any Bluetooth displays it is connected to.

Imgur URL: 

4 Replies

Hey @LiveTrash, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Thanks for reaching out and for sharing how you were able to resolve your issue. 

If you need a hand with anything else, you can always start a new topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, this isnt working for me since i dont have the option with the dots, i'm on Android 14 with a samsung, but the media panel is simply different and doesnt have the option, so i dont know what to do

ps the cogwheel menu doesn have any option in it, so i dont know if this is "a bug or a feature"

Screenshot_20240304_212048_Spotify.png

Hi there @pando_off,

Thanks for your reply in this thread and welcome.

Take into account the Settings can change, between devices, or over time and every time there's an update to the OS, so it's expected not to find the same options. 

Is the behavior you're experiencing the same @LiveTrash describes? Is the info on the Control Panel notification not updating? And it this also related to using Spotify in your car? If it's different, to better assist you, could you send a detailed description of the situation? 

In the meantime, go to your device's Settings > Apps > Spotify and make sure Spotify has permission to run in the background. It's also worth trying to Force-stop the app from there to check if that makes a difference.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes, a complete reinstall of Spotify seems to had fixed the issue (it didnt worked at first so i had to reinstall two times and clear the cache)

Suggested posts