Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Samsung's Modes and Routines integration not working with Spotify anymore

Samsung's Modes and Routines integration not working with Spotify anymore

I love to use Modes and Routines on my Samsung phone, I like to use it to play lo-fi songs while I'm on study mode.

Since last week, the integration is broken. I can configure the routine, but the song doesn't play. I need to directly open the Spotify app to play a song now. Is there any way to fix it

Already tried to clean app data and deleting/recreating the samsung routine. (version: Android 14 - OneUI 6.0 - Spotify 8.9.20.574)
3 Replies

Hey @MW42,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

This type of issue is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device. We understand you’ve already tried some troubleshooting steps including deleting the cache, but to be sure that we're on the same page - did you perform a clean reinstall of the app as mentioned in this article? We'd recommend this process as it will replace all damaged files and ensure you're running the latest version of the app. 

It would also be great if you could have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member, to see if the issue persists. This will help us understand if it could be account-related or not.

Lastly, include in your next response the exact model of your Samsung to continue investigating the case. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I reinstalled the app, cleaned the app data the same way shown in your link, unfortunately didn't work

I can try to replicate the bug on phones here in my house, but most of my friends' phones are iPhones or older android phones. And I'll need at least an Samsung's Android 13 phone to repeat it. I'll try some way to try this though. Thank you!

Hi @MW42,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We understand if you don't have another Samsung device. However, in our previous reply, we suggested logging in with a different Spotify on your mobile device to check if that makes a difference. It could be a relative's or friend's account. Additionally, make sure your OS and Spotify app are up to date.

On another note, try deleting and creating the Routine again, but make sure Spotify is open when doing it and running the Routine for the first time.

Keep us posted!

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts