Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Seek bar not working properly on Android tablet

Seek bar not working properly on Android tablet

The seek/progress bar does not work properly on my Android tablet (Kindle Fire 10) with the latest versions of Spotify (Premium). Frequently, the circular handle on the track progress bar on the left side of the app will disappear. When the circular handle is not visible, I can no longer reliably seek within the track.

If I rotate the device (from landscape to portrait or vice versa), the seek handle will typically come back. But, if I minimize the app and return to it, often the seek handle will have disappeared again. Furthermore, If I tap on the album art, I get an enlarged version of the album art and progress bar. The seek handle is always present and functional from within this view.
7 Replies

Hey there @drapp,

Thanks for reaching out!

Just to confirm, does it appear when you open the Now Playing View? Or does it not show there as well from time to time? Keep in mind that the handle to fast forward or rewind a song won't appear when the Now Playing View is minimized within the app, but it should appear as soon as you open it.

If the progress bar does not appears while the screen is locked, however, would you mind checking if there's an update available for the app? You can do so by following the steps on this page.

Feel free to send us screenshots how things look from your end, so we can have a look as well, should you have further questions.

We hope this helps! Cheers.

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Maria, thanks for the reply. I can confirm that this issue occurs on the latest version of Spotify from the Google Play store and that it persists across a delete/clean install of the app.

Below is a set of screenshots showing the issue.

Group 2.png

I just verified that this repros on another Android tablet I have. It sometimes takes switching between a few tracks before the bug appears.

Hey @drapp,

Thanks for your reply and for the screenshots shared.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Would you mind sending us the make/model and OS of the aforementioned tablets along with the exact Spotify version you're running there?

On another note, would you mind opening a different account on one of the affected tablets to see if you can replicate this same behavior? You can ask for the account of a relative of a friend to open it on your device and check. Is this happening no matter what content you choose to play?

Lastly, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details. It'd be great if you sent us a short video recording of what's happening, so we can better visualize what you're mentioning. You can attach the video in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can watch it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi,

1. Both Android tablets are running Spotify 8.9.26.592. One tablet is a Kindle Fire HD 10 (2019 model) running Amazon's Fire OS based on Android 9 and the other is a Dell Venue 8 (7840) running Android 5.1.

2. I can't tell you whether this appeared in a recent Spotify version on Android because I just recently installed Spotify on both these Android tablets. It's not recent OS update related because both these tablets are running their latest supported Android builds. I should mention that the reason I went to put Spotify on these Android tablets is because of a separate issue--I had been using my iPad Air (1st gen) as a dedicated Spotify device, but the last Spotify versions that were released on iOS 12 made it absolutely unusably slow. Because of this extreme slowness, and since I can't roll back to an earlier version of Spotify on iOS, I have had to abandon using the iPad Air with Spotify.

3. I confirmed that the issue repros while logged in to a different Premium account on one of the Android tablets.

4. Here is a video. Note that in this video it takes a fair bit of switching between tracks and the app lags at "nothing playing" before the bug appears. However, this is not always the case. Sometimes, the app launches right into the bug state. Other times, simply switching between a few tracks or minimizing and reopening the app will trigger the bug state.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hP4uhMylhC3Y6RmpM0btc-toy-Ckhffb/view?usp=sharing

Hi, any update on this? Thanks!

Hey @drapp,

Thanks for the follow up 🙂 
Would you mind checking these for us please:

• See if there is a new version of the app and install it
  • If the issue persists after this (or even if there's no new version out for you yet) - see if removing the cached data on the affected devices would make a difference
  • In case this doesn't help either, you can instead try clearing the entire app with all of its data and installing it anew by following these steps here

We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts