Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Setting pasword for other devices does not work

Setting pasword for other devices does not work

Hello,

I am using spotify with my facebook log in.

To log in at the spotify app in my car (Volvo) I need log in credentials.

In the spotify account settings I have found my user name (a lot of numbers and letters) and a link to generate en e mail to set a password. In guess that this is the way to go to have user and password for other devices like a car.

But when I click the URL to set the pasword and I fill in a password, I get an error message 'there was a problem setting your password'.

Any suggestions ?    

7 Replies

Hey Serge! Welcome to the community!

That's no fun! To login you can use your Facebook e-mailaddress as username and your Facebook password as password. Let me know how it works out!

Have a nice weekend! 😄

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I tried with my Facebook e mail and password but no success. 

The spotify app is communicating with the server to validate my credentials but after a while I get the message wrong username or pasword. 

Any further ideas ?    

Thanks

serge

Hey, you can request a device password here. You'll get an email with your user name (12 digit number for facebook-linked accounts) and a link to set a new device password. Once done, you should be able to use these on your car unt.

Hello,

I already tried this.

I get a user name and then click on the button 'send e mail te set pasword', after putting in a pasword en click on 'set device pasword' I got the message : "there was a problem setting your password". 

I thought they fixed this. Try logging in using the username they sent you and the password you chose - this used to work despite the error message.

I tried this (logging in with facebook user e mail and password) in the app in the car but no success.

Although after trying with my facebook credentials, facebook is telling me that someone used my account and I have to reset my password for facebook. So there must be some kind of communication.

Can someone confirm that logging in at spotify on "other devices" with the facebook credentials is working ?  

Did you try logging in using the username they sent you and the password you chose as I suggested?

Suggested posts