Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

'Share' option not working on Pixel 2 XL

'Share' option not working on Pixel 2 XL

Plan

Premium

Country

GB

Device

Pixel 2 XL

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

When listening to a song, if I select the 'Share' option, it blacks out, pauses the song and takes me to the settings screen. Tried rebooting, killing the app, re-installing it but still nothing.

12 Replies

Hey @harryskiff! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I'm sorry, that the feature isn't working properly.

Please note that Spotify's working into it and an update should be out to fix it soon ^^

Peace

Thanks Nico!

The same goes for my Pixel 2 (non-XL) with Android 9

Hi, Nico, the same behavior occurs with my Moto Z2 Force, Android 8.0.0, family plan.

Even clearing cache won't work.

I have the same issue! Trying to share again the app just quits/crashes. OnePlus 6 here with Oreo 8.1

Same here. 

Started on Monday, no share, blackout, stop music, back to library or playlist screen. 

OnePlus 5

Android 8.1

Brazil 

Family plan

Spotify 8.4.67.886 arm v7

Same thing for me, Pixel 2 not XL, Seems to have started after updating to the latest version of Android.

Same trouble on Galaxy S9 

Screenshot_20180823-210322_Outlook.jpg

Same with OnePlus 6

Android 8.1

I'm having the same issue with sharing any music or podcast.  This happens with eitger sharing via the menu buttons or the share icon.

Samsung Galaxy 8

Android 8.0

Premium user

United States

There is a "Me Too" button. Please use it instead of posting "Me too" without any other helpful information.

In my case (Pixel XL) the workaround from another thread helped: Just uninstall Facebook messenger. If you need it, use the "Lite" version.

Hey! @Windy @harryskiff @MartyED @BrunoThedoor @Alyet

Be sure to check this ongoing issues thread out for more details about this issue. 🙂

Peace

Suggested posts