Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Short high volume period

Short high volume period

Greetings,

Platform: Samsung S5, 4.4.2

Whenever I start listening to music, I get a short burst of high volume music. Then it settles down to the volume settings. The short burst is maybe 1/4 to 1/2 second long.

It doens't matter if I am listening to the little speaker on the back of the phone, the headphone jack or Bluetooth.

I have not noticed with any other music source so I believe this only happens with music through spotify.

Best regards,

Fred

5 Replies

Do you have an equaliser app installed at all? Can you try disabling it if you do and see if the behaviour continues.

Next option is a clean install (link to guide in my signature)

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

The phone is relatively new and I have not installed any sound apps with the exception of Spotify.

Within the android sound settings, there is a control to adjust for media, notifications, etc. Changes there have no effect.

I have also reinstalled Spotify. I first used it without an SD card and I had to reinstall to move the music from the internal storage to the SD card. There was no change. I can certainly re-install again if it really makes sense.

Since I have already downloaded music for offline use, is there a way to set up to auto-download music before reinstalling?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Fred

This could be an old bug. I don't know why but it seems Samsung devices are struggling at the moment. I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks Daniel!

I'll give the support form a try.

I'll leave this unanswered for the moment while I wait for a reply.

Best regards,

Fred

Greetings,

The original problem still exist and the support group is working through it (I think).

A work-around is available on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) at least. In looking through my phone settings, I found the option of SoundAlive or MusicFX. SoundAlive was the default and I selected MusicFX. It appears to have fixed the problem.

I thought I had a new but very simliar issue after some normal use on my phone but after more playing I haven't seen the issue return. It seemed to just play a lot quieter but at least it didn't have the high volume burst at the beginning.

Eventually I stumbled onto a similar thread when I search for SoundAlive and MusicFX:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/No-equalizer-working-anymore/td-p/566478

At the moment I consider the problem unsolved but with a workaround.

Best regards,

Fred

Suggested posts