Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs only playing for 1 second

Songs only playing for 1 second

Plan

Premium
Country

UK

Device

Huawei P30

Operating System

Android 10 / Android Auto

My Question or Issue
I'm using Spotify via Android Auto.
I can use the GUI to select a song and it will play back fine.

However if I use Google Assistant via Android Auto to search for a song, Google says 'Playing song on Spotify' and then Spotify finds the song, shows the correct cover icon but only 1 second of play back happens.

If I go into Spotify via AA and manually select a new song only one second plays.
I'm having to clear the cache of AA and Spotify before any audio will play back.

Any way to resolve this ?
Thanks

6 Replies

This sounds similar to an ongoing issue report. Could you verify if this behavior is the same as others have described here?

It sounds similar however I've only noticed it when I've asked Google Assistant to play a song when connected via Android Auto.

Without being connected to Android Auto it seems to work correctly.
Thanks

Hey @MadPanther

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We suggest that you check if the same happens while using a different internet connection. 

On another note, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app on your phone to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi,
I've tested this via Wireless and 4G, and with another cable connecting to the car and I have the same issue.
It only seems to happen with Google Assistant and Spotify. Amazon and YouTube Music are fine.
I'll uninstall and reinstall Spotify and see if that helps.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify and the same issue happens.

I've tried pressing play in the app instead of via the Android Auto GUI and I get the same issue.

Only starts happening once Google assistant has been used to load/play a track.

Any ideas ?

I believe on at least Samsung phones, Google assistant is part of the Google app. Maybe try reinstalling your Google app, or maybe sign out and back into your Google account on your device.

Suggested posts