Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs randomly stop playing in the middle of the track

Songs randomly stop playing in the middle of the track

Hi.

I just recently signed up for premium on the 3 month promo. I was previously on Google Play Music.

Running Spotify on my Galaxy S5 with Android 5.0, non rooted & stock.

Basically the problem is as follows. I will have some song playing and then it will constantly just randomly stop in the middle of the track or something. Pressing pause/play doesn't do anything and the seeker is just "stuck" moving it to any time during the track doesn't do anything until I restart the track. It's really annoying and it happens even after I have saved said track for offline use. I'm streaming on Wifi.

Things I have tried:

Uninstalling/reinstalling the app

Saving the album to offline

Clearing data/cache

"Nuplayer" is already turned off in dev settings

I'm not really sure what else I can try at this point. Pretty disappointing experience so far 😞 

3 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Well I just tried the solutions in that post. Uninstalled / made sure folders are deleted / rebooted / reinstalled. It was actually working fine for about an hour and then the problem started again...

This is really annoying because I can't play a single track without it just randomly pausing in the middle, and I can't resume it either until I skip forward a track and then go back to restart.

If this keeps happening I'll probably move back to Google Play Music. It's unfortunate because I did want to try Spotify, but the time it takes troubleshooting is just not worth it. 

Some other notes.

I have a 64 GB SD card with ~40 GB free. Maybe it's failing to cache stuff there? I don't know...

Is there a way to change the cache location to internal memory..?

So is there going to be any more support on this bug? I've tried the clean install etc as suggested and the problem is still there.

Also I'm getting a black screen whenever I try to run Spotify without a connection. Can't even access the downloaded music.

Suggested posts