Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotfy not loud enough? Too quiet! Help

Spotfy not loud enough? Too quiet! Help

Hey

So I have Spotify Premium which I use on my Mac and Android phone.  I recently hosted a dance party at the local pub using my phone and spotify offline mode, with the playlist downloaded on my phone.  It's funny though because when the other gal plugged in her ipod with Itunes, it was plenty loud, but when I plugged in my android phone with my downloaded spotify playlist, it was waaay quieter than her ipod. Barely loud enough to dance to... kind of embarassing. I've got another dance party coming up. HAAAAALLLP!!!

7 Replies

Hey @Twylar!

Welcome to the Spotify community.

Just to check,  can you let us know if this started happening after a specific update or event? Also, can you let us know what operating system and Spotify version you're currently using?

In the meantime, try logging in with a different account and playing music from there to see if this issue persists.

Keep us posted.
Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Im having the same issue. I have a Google Pixel XL and its way to quiet even at max volume. I go for a run and I can barely hear my music through bluetooth and directly plugged in. I know for sure its not my phone Google Music works great. I noticed it after the most recent update. I hope it get fixed soon 😕 

Spotify Version: 8.4.0.539 armV7

Android Version: 7.1.2

Same problem here. Spotify version is 8.4.3.479. And in mostly listening with android. (Xperia Z3). Tried everything what forums offer, nothing has worked.

I agree! I know about this issue for longer time... I had this issue first time with iPhone 5s and now with Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 aswell... I tried almost all others music streming apps and only Spotify has this issue... There is quite big difference!!! There is no problem only with headphones output, but bluetooth is really quiet aswell!! Please, solve this problem!!! 

I'm having this issue as well, even with offline content!  It's very strange.  I've disabled volumize as well, which helped in the beginning, but now it's quiet again.

Same problem here. 
But I think the "problem" is not a real "problem". Spotify itself is quiet. It has nothing to do with our smartphones, settings etc.
They have to increase the max volume.
On ever smartphone that I tested it was quiet. Not all people have this "problem", because they don't know that ist is quiet and the problem is spotifty itself.
The sound quality is not the best, either. Maybe they want to conceal it with quiet music.

Spotify is much quieter than songs on my iphone 6s Plus from itunes..

Suggested posts