Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Connect notice constantly popup

Solved!

Spotify Connect notice constantly popup

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10

Version: 8.7.14.1332

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

If im connected to my reciever (Sony STR-1080) with spotify connect the app constantly popup with the message: You listening at <<name>> will you continue?
It happend after i update Spotify to the version 8.7.14.1332. Is there any way to disable the popup, or is it an error that it dosnt renember my choise? It is annoying with the constant popup.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just have updated Spotify to 8.7.16.1354. Haven't seen the popup since this time. Wow, thanks!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Same for me. 😞

I have the same issue, very annoying

Very annoying. Whenever I switch to Spotify app, I have to dismiss a popup. Next I press bottom bar with current track and I get the same popup, which I dismissed 5 seconds ago. I'm listening to music on my receiver and I get multiple info, that I'm listening on receiver. Seriously?

This has also started happening to me when using Spotify Connect with my Sonos system on Android 12. It's a pop that has existed since forever, but not in an annoying way. Now it pops up repeatedly during the session, interrupting use of the app. Usually touching a UI element (such as minising the player, or going back to the track browser) will trigger it to pop up again redundantly, requiring dismissal (yes, i am still listening to my Sonos, no i dont want to listen on my phone) and causing annoyance. My ipad doesn't have this issue, so it seems like a new bug in the android app. It's very annoying and makes me want to avoid using the Connect feature.

This is also happening to me. Currently using an Android phone as well. 

Marked as solution

I just have updated Spotify to 8.7.16.1354. Haven't seen the popup since this time. Wow, thanks!

Happening to me with Android as well.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Could you let us know if you're still experiencing this issue?

If so, we'd recommend logging out and then logging back in two times in a row in your device. It sounds a bit odd, but it forces a sync between the account and your device.

If this doesn't do the trick, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

Lastly, would you mind sending us a screenshot of the notification you're getting?  You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info. 

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This issue is solved for me now with the updated app. Thanks for the fix!

Hey there @dam0ooo,

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help. 

Have a good one 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts