Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Keeps Skipping

Spotify Keeps Skipping

Recently I've noticed that Spotify has been skipping on nealy every song, on all devices I have it installed on (iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy SIII, and an old HTC Rhyme that I have connected to my WiFi to listen to when I'm showering since I don't care if it gets wet). It sounds like a CD with a scratch that it can't seem to get past for a few seconds, and then it rights itself and keeps going with the song. Initially I thought it was just the HTC Rhyme having connection issues because that's where I first noticed it a few days ago but I recently got a Bluetooth speaker that I have been playing with all afternoon with my iPad and my phone (connected to 4G, not my WiFi), and both devices are doing the same thing.

Any idea what might be causing the skipping/how to fix it?

3 Replies

Is this happening on all content?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes. Nearly every song skips for at least 20-30 seconds of the song. Sometimes a song will play straight through fine, and then the next time it comes up on the playlist it skips, or it'll skip a lot and then it won't skip the next time it queues up.

I've been experiencing terrible skipping on my OFFLINE playlists–as in those which should not rely on internet connection at all for playback–on my computer (2013 MacBook Pro.) Offline playlists on my phone have been unaffected. This is a very serious and very frustrating issue. 

Suggested posts