Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Not showing up on Nvidia Shield Android TV when using the Built-in Google Chromecast...

Spotify Not showing up on Nvidia Shield Android TV when using the Built-in Google Chromecast...

Spotify Not showing up on Nvidia Shield Android TV when am trying to Cast using the Built-in Google Chromecast feature...Can anyone confirm why this doesnt work when it should?

19 Replies

Anyone???

I might have the same problem. I have an iPhone 5s with latest spotify app. I can cast from my spotify app to other chromecasts but I can't see my shield TV. Other apps like YouTube can cast to my nvidia shield TV perfectly. This makes me think it is something incompatible with shield TV and spotify.

Having the same issues

Shield tv is not compatible with spotify cast yet. It will be soon, probably with the 6.0 update.

Same issue

Any confirmation from spotify's side as to when is it coming?

I have the same problem with my Sony Bravia KD-55X8505C android TV and iphone 6.

When will you fix this?

6.0 update is now here and it does not work. It is a spotify problem. Not Android TV

Same issue with a Sony Bravia & Built in Chromecast...this should just work.

Is there any news regarding Spotify support on Nvidia Shield TV ?

Yes, having the same issue. All my chromecast devices show up in the "device list" except for the Shield. Works for other apps except Spotify - please fix this!!

Just for information I can tell you that I installed (side loaded) the Spotify application to my Shield. It works, sort of. When using the application on the Shield, it works mostly fine, and actually it works rather well as Connect device from my phone as well. The only thing seem to be that if I hit pause on my phone, the Shield is marked as "unavailable for playback". The only way around this that I've found is to hit play on the Shield.

So it doesn't seem to be an unsolvable problem, it more appears to be an unprioritized problem. But, I it seem to be a rather small thing to at least implement a Spotify Connect app, so that we could use the Shield (and any other Android TV) as a playback device without any UI. 
I really just want it to stream the audio to my amplifier and control it using my phone.

Can't help but wonder if this simply is a contractual thing since, from what I'm told, there is an official app for Amazon Fire TV. Otherwise I can't see whats holding the development of this app back.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll try it out.

ONe more here.. Shield

Neither of my fully up-to-date SHIELD's show up in the Spotify app on iOS still... considering when this thread was originally started, I'm not holding my breath on this one... saddening.

Nothing fixed yet 😢

Surely this thread is for android devices,not ios?

Anyhow,why dont people use spotify connect? (unless im missing something?)

It works fine from android phones to the nvidia shield tv

Just hit the available devices button on the bottom on your phone in the spotify app and the shield tv should be listed.

Or use the spotify app for the nvidia shield tv?

Or sideload the spotify app for android?

All of these methods work to get spotify playing on your shield tv

Thats exactly the problem... Shield ain't in the list of available devices.
On the last Shield update it sometimes appears, but not always... 😕
Fortunately for me, my HT has Spotify integration so I use it instead of Shield...

Hmm not sure why it doesnt show up

Ive never had an issue before with it not showing

The fact that you mention it shows up sometimes and not others could maybe point to a network issue or something causing this on your setup?If it didnt work at all then i would of thought it would never show up at anytime

Did it work before shield update 5.2? Im still on the previous version and if this breaks it i definately wont update lol.There seems to be alot of complaints about shield 5.2 update

Do you have spotify app installed on the shield from the playstore (the official one for shield tv)?

Suggested posts