Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify automatically switches to my phone when heaphones plugged in

Spotify automatically switches to my phone when heaphones plugged in

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 10+

My Question or Issue

I play Spotify all day on my computer. I can switch devices from my computer to my phone or to my bluetooth speaker if I choose. Sometimes I watch youtube videos on my phone and plug headphones in, but it never effected Spotify. Only if I TRIED to play Spotify on my phone would it pause on my computer.

However, I just upgraded my phone from Galaxy 8+ to Galaxy 10+, whenever I plug headphones into my phone, it automatically switches Spotify to my phone and pauses on my computer. How do I stop this from happening?

It seems to be random, sometimes it does not do it, but it does not seem to follow a pattern. I have had Spotify app CLOSED on my phone (even background running closed) and YouTube app OPEN and a video playing when I plugged in my headphones and it still switched the music to my phone. Other times, I have not thought about it, Spotify was still running and it hasn't switched over. But again, in both cases it has both "worked" and "not worked", I want to turn this OFF all the time.

0 Replies

Suggested posts