Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify correctly stores offline music on SD card but phone warns full!

Spotify correctly stores offline music on SD card but phone warns full!

OK, so I followed all instructions I could find on here about how to make the Spotify app store its off-line music cache on an SD-card.

The result is my Spotify app is indeed storing its off-line cache on the SD-card (I can see the folder size through a file browser).

What is a problem is that the Spotify app reports its filesize in Android/Settings/Applications INCLUDING data that is on the SD-card.
As a result I am now getting warnings that my phone's internal memory is full whilst there is 7GB free on it!

(all Spotify data is on my SD card)

I own a Sony Xperia Z1 with the latest version (Android KitKat) and also latest version of Spotify.

2 Replies

I am having exactly the same issue, i have checked where the cahce file are being saved, on the sd card, however in settings>apps it is reporting that the data is being stored on my phone.

i have a HTC one M8

@ale20669 wrote:

I am having exactly the same issue, i have checked where the cahce file are being saved, on the sd card, however in settings>apps it is reporting that the data is being stored on my phone.

i have a HTC one M8

Hi

Don't trust that app screen. For some reason on the M8 it doesn't show correctly. On mine it too says that all data is on internal, it definitely isn't! 

To verify use a file manager and check in /Android/data/com.spotify.music/ if there are folders in here on the SD card then it's correctly using this location for your cache. 

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts