Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify downloads everything again...

Solved!

Spotify downloads everything again...

Hello!
So, I have a huge playlist I keep available for offline at all times, it's 600 songs +.

Over the time, I've downloaded all of the songs.

However, today I accidentely pressed "pause download" (or similar, I don't know what it is called in English), and thought to myself "no problem, i can simply turn it on again, i've got all the songs anyways".

Yeah, no. It is now downloading all the 600 songs again, which would only make sense if it deleted all of them when I accidentely paused the download. However, this seems like a bad function too.

I'd like to know whether this is supposed to be like this.

And also, I do not at all find it acceptable that I have to wait for all of them to be downloaded a second time.

I'm also afraid that I have them saved twice on my phone, wasting storage.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

Your device and operating system (e.g. Samsung Galaxy 4, 5.1.1) Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini

Type of Spotify account you have (Free/ Premium): Premium

The app version of Spotify you’re using: 3.3.0.988

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Petra1999

It sounds like you clicked the "Available Offline" Slider, when songs are saved offline and you uncheck this slider, the saved songs are removed and you need to download them again if you want to use them offline 🙂

I hope this helped! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Petra1999

It sounds like you clicked the "Available Offline" Slider, when songs are saved offline and you uncheck this slider, the saved songs are removed and you need to download them again if you want to use them offline 🙂

I hope this helped! 🙂

Alright, I didn't know that! I thought it only toggles the automatic downloading when opening the app. Is there a way I can disable only the automatic downloading and update it by a button click maybe?

@Petra1999

Unfortunately no 😞 you'll just have to be more careful when around the button to make sure you don't click it 🙂

Suggested posts