Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify killing my data(i'm not streaming)

Spotify killing my data(i'm not streaming)

I have a downloaded playlist that i often listen to at work...where there is no wifi. Spotify seemed to have updated a day or two ago and now is using a ton of data. Background data is restricted, so thats not the issue. Today alone I used 90mb of data and all i did was play  music from a playlist that I have downloaded to my phone. I double checked to make sure the playlist is actually downloaded and it is.

I tried just opening and closing the app a few times, without browsing or playing any music and it used 2-5mb of data every time i opened it. This doesn't seem to make sense.

Any ideas as to why its suddenly using an insane amount of data? Any body else have this issue?

2 Replies

I'm not sure what the app does behind the scene but it must include checking your subscription status and updating the config file to say you were online, grabbing your listening history so they can pay performers, updating the various spotify playlists etc.

You can minimise this by keeping spotify in offline mode and only going online when you have wifi access.

Thanks for the suggestion.

My issue is that I used 248 mb of data with the same type of use the entire month of my previous bill (before the update). Today alone I used 90 mb. Its the same playlist and the same everything, just an updated spotify.

Suggested posts