Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify mobile keeps disconnecting from connect to a device after pausing

Spotify mobile keeps disconnecting from connect to a device after pausing

I typically use my desktop to control Spotify on my Pixel 4a, which I connect my headphones to. If I pause for more than a few minutes, the desktop app just forgets the Pixel connection, making the green bar at the bottom saying I'm listening on Pixel disappear. I have to either click play on my headphones, or on the app on my phone.

It might be some kind of memory or battery life option, but I already have Spotify on Unrestricted battery usage. It still behaves like every other app, having to reload the page I'm on when opening the app after not having it active for a while. Any fix for this I can do on Spotify's side, is this something they have to fix, or is this a Pixel/Android inherent issue?
3 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

To narrow down where the issue lies, could you provide us with the following extra bits of information:

• the OS version of your Android
  • how long does it take for your phone to lose connection to the PC and if this timeframe is consistent
  • is your phone locked during the occurrence

As soon as we have more info, we'll look further into your issue.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My phone is on Android 12.

I haven't been able to get an exact time, but if I keep it paused and my phone locked for around 20 minutes, I'll maximize the desktop app again and the green bar at the bottom quickly disappears. Clicking play then plays it on the computer, and my phone doesn't appear in the Connect to a Device.

It may last longer if the phone is unlocked, and I don't think it disconnects at all of Spotify is always up and the phone is kept unlocked.

Hey @mp78,

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you check if this happens when logging in with a different mobile device?

Additionally, let us know if you see any notification on your phone showing that Spotify is running in the background. 

We'll be here standing by. 

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Suggested posts