Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify on Android starts automatically playing music

Spotify on Android starts automatically playing music

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Pixel 2, 

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue
Some days ago i updated the Spotify App for Android. Yesterday in the evening spotify automatically started to resume on playing my playlist, i played some hours ago. After some seconds it stopped, after a minute it started again, etc. 
After that i deleted the App and reinstalled it, changed my password but it started again. Now i deleted spotify for android again, because it is quite annoying, if spotify starts playing music out of nowhere.

3 Replies

Hey @hannes1812,

Welcome to the Community. That's not cool, let's see how we can help out.

If you have reason to believe someone's gained access to your account, we recommend you check out this article and follow the steps.

One of the last steps will get you in touch with the right teams. They'll be able to help!

Let us know how you get on. If you have any other questions, we're here for you.

Take care 🙂

Thank you for your help. I had contact to the Spotify team and there has no  one except me Access to my account. I think there are problems with the Android app, because if I use the Desktop App everything is fine. So please check the Android app. I am premium user and if this problem will not be solved, I will cancel my subscription. 

Hi Daisy,

Thanks for your answer. 

No one except my has Access to my account. I had contact to the support and they confirmed, that only I have access to my account. 

In the last days, the app open automatically and continues playing the music I opened last time. Sometime there is only the notification pop-up, but the music eventually starts playing as well. 

I think there are major problems with the Android app. I hope you can help me with this problem. 

I prefer support in german language, but if it is not possible, the english speaking support works as well for me. 

Suggested posts