Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify randomly skips to next track. It will not finish a single song no more.

Spotify randomly skips to next track. It will not finish a single song no more.

I have this annoying problem. When playing a track list, Spotify suddenly starts skipping to the next track after a couple of seconds playing. Sometimes it even skips instantly to the next song and so on. Spotify will not finish a single song no more which is very frustrating.

I know this is a known issue, but I have not found a solution yet.

I've cleared the cache and reïnstalled the app, without succes.

My phone is a HTC ONE (M7) with a older custom ROM.

Is there a fix for this issue?

13 Replies

That is odd. Do you have any conflicting software installed like an EQ app that can be turned off? Anything else running in th background?

Can you try restarting your phone and without opening any other app play some stuff on Spotify and see if it happens?

If still having issues then I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks for your reply. In an hour or two I will go for a run outside and then I will try it again after a reboot and with no other apps running in the background.

No additional apps like an equalizer though. 🙂

If it's still causing an issue, I know you've said you already tried a clean install but can you read the guide linked below for details on getting a completely clean install of the Spotify app. This should be the first step and can help resolve issues such as:

- Black screen on startup
- Offline data not storing on SD card
- Random crashes or FC's
- Track degradation or skipping
- Playlists and tracks no longer available

Android - Clean Install

Android Troubleshooting:

If it's still causing an issue, I will. Thanks mate!

I get the same problem! I also have a HTC M7 - Android, i thought my phone was going old on me, i'd get on the treadmill and start a playlist, and then after a song or two it would start to skip the song, it would get to the point where the song would hardly start before skipping to another, I was close to throwing the phone out the window!

Is Spotfiy going to update the app for Android soon? I think it's a bit wierd that this app is underdeveloped compared to the IOS APP.....

That sounds exactly as what I am experiencing. Yesterday I went out for a run and after playing a couple of tracks without any problems, it started skipping to the next track once again. Next song was skipped in a couple of seconds and after that each and every song was skipped within a second from starting, so I decided to close Spotify and to continue with some music stored on my phone by playing it via the default Android player.

Guess what? The skipping occured in the defaul Android player aswell. This was not what I expected.

Can you try to find out if you have the same problem with the default player too?

Can someone humour me and uninstall TalkBack and see if the issue persists?

If it still happens then uninstall Google Music and again see if it happens still.

Just a test

Android Troubleshooting:

I'm on it 🙂

Spotify was skipping songs, it turns out I had my Android and my iPad connected to a Bluetooth speaker at the same time. I stopped the Bluetooth in my iPad and problem solved!

is there a fix for this ? my new ipad / spotify will just randomly skip to the next song while playing radio stations.. it rarely plays an entire song !!

please help : !!!

I have the same exact problem. Since today it started to skip almost every single song in my playlists, radio, mixes, everywhere! Sometimes one song starts playing and in the screen it already skipped seven songs and stops and so on

I don't know if it has something to do with it, but I think the problem started after I tried to buy the Family account, but there was a problem also with my credit card, anyway I was not able to buy it, and after that I wanted to listen one of my playlists and it started skipping.

I could use some help.

Ps: I'm sorry if my English is not right.

I also have this problem on android(samsung s8) and pc(alienware m17x) It's really annoying and I'm thinking about quitting my premium subscription.

I am Having the same issue but im just playing via the internet player.. songs go to next song like half way through a song

Suggested posts