Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify refuses to play any songs on mobile

Spotify refuses to play any songs on mobile

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Samsung galaxy 9

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Mobile spotify refuses to play any songs at all. It was fine on the way to college this morning but has since quit. When i hit shuffle play, it displays the "trying to play" notification and displays a black blank semi-transparent screen as if it's failing to initiate the "Watch this short video for 30 minutes of ad-free" advertisement. So far i have tried restarting spotify, force-stopping spotify, reinstalling spotify, deleting all spotify's data on my phone, restarting my phone, updating my phone, changing the networks, using mobile data, using a wifi connection, so far nothing has worked.

I'm at a loss of what to do here.

2 Replies

I might add that it will function by using the voice feature to play the music, but if i press the button myself it will do absolutely nothing

Hi there @AtilAnon,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with playing your music. Not to worry, we're here to help.

Thanks for sharing the troubleshooting steps you've gone through. Just we're on the same page, can you confirm to us that you've done a clean reinstall of the app. This is different than simply reinstalling the app, as it involves deleting the app cache. You can check out this Spotify Answer for a guide on how to do it.

Can you tell us if you've tried logging in with a different account? You can ask a friend to log in with their account or create a new test account. This will help us see if the issue is account related.

It'd also be very helpful if you can share some screenshots or a video recording. This will be very helpful. You can add them as an attachment to your post.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts