Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify stops playing after getting into background

Spotify stops playing after getting into background

Since the beginning of the Spotify Android app the app stops playing song after a short time, after it is going into the background.

So it's not possible to hear songs and read a book, check mails etc.

So far it's more or less useless to use the Android app, if you want to do anything else as only hearing a song.

Spotify 6.2.0.1028 armV7

Sony Xperia Compact Z3 D5803

Android 5.0.2

RAM used by System ~ 750 MB

RAM used by Apps: ~ 620 MB

RAM free: ~450 MB

7 Replies

Hi there!

it happened the same to me a couple of times. Usually i solved it with the easiest way ever: closing the app and restarting it again. It's supposed to work.

Let me know!

spotify:user:tanillo1

Give me a like if u found my post useful or feel free to write me to ask more questions!

Look for my playlists and follow me!

https://open.spotify.com/user/tanillo1

Sounds like some form of power saving intervening and closing the background processes.

Check your device part options to see if that could be on a strict schedule. Also check if you have any cache, ram or battery management apps on your device as these can do the same. If you do, see if you can allow Spotify as an exception.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks, but that is not the case. I've no such apps.

Other apps like X-plore, FolderSync, Dropbox, Speakers, Komoot, TomTom, Gooble Maps Navigation ... does not such issues...

I can read books, surf etc. but these apps do they job in parallel. But Spotify is quitting completly and so stops playing. Also it is disappearing from the notification area.

Check your doze settings as described in the guide I've linked below. This could be causing it

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

I tried, but all the reinstalling, deleting and so on, didn't solve the problem.

Still the Spotify app quits after several seconds, if I open Chrome, Kindle, Facebook or gReader Pro.

So still I cannot use it in background.

Also I experience another perhaps related issue:

I start the Spotify app, but I play may sound on another device. I display the the home screen. So I get a notification bar also a widget on my lock screen.

But booth don't get updated. So my other device plays the next sond and the next, but the notification bar and the widget does not updates the current played song. I do not start any other app.

So it feels like, there is something general not working with the background job of the Spotify app.

If I open another app like Kindle, gReader, Chrome, the the notification entry and the lock screen widget disappear. So there are two stages of not working, it looks like...

Having the same issue, have always played games and music at the same time, now can't even browse the web.

Im thinking it may be s lollipop thing??

Was on kk before, now on lp it no longer works.

Thoughts?

Suggested posts