Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify web player not playing what I am clicking on (on Android phone)

Solved!

Spotify web player not playing what I am clicking on (on Android phone)

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy J3 V

Operating System

?

My Question or Issue

I am trying to listen to Spotify using my phone and it doesn't work the same way it does on a laptop. There are multiple things that are messing up or maybe that's just how it's supposed to be but I don't understand why. I have the free version but the free version works perfectly on my laptop. But on my phone, I cannot find full length albums, it just shows the songs singly, and when I click on one, it might play it but it might not, it might play a random song that I don't even know! When I hit the next button, sometimes it goes to more songs by the artist but sometimes it goes to completely unknown songs that I've never heard of. Apparently I can't even listen to one album all the way through. What is going on!?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @GaiaGoddess,

Thanks for reaching out.

What you've described sounds like the usual behaviour of a free account on mobile. There are many different limitations for the free service on mobile compared to the desktop version, such as the ability to manually select any song, listening without shuffle, limited number of skips, etc. On mobile, you can only shuffle albums and playlists, so most times selecting a song within them will either shuffle all songs or autoplay something similar. Autoplay likewise is always on. You can go to the Premium page to learn more about the exact differences.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there @GaiaGoddess,

Thanks for reaching out.

What you've described sounds like the usual behaviour of a free account on mobile. There are many different limitations for the free service on mobile compared to the desktop version, such as the ability to manually select any song, listening without shuffle, limited number of skips, etc. On mobile, you can only shuffle albums and playlists, so most times selecting a song within them will either shuffle all songs or autoplay something similar. Autoplay likewise is always on. You can go to the Premium page to learn more about the exact differences.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts