Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify won't download to SD card

Spotify won't download to SD card

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy J3

Operating System

Android 7.1.1

My Question or Issue

No matter what I do I can't get Spotify to even register that I have an SD card. I used to have all my songs downloaded on my SD card, but then it just stopped. I hadn"t updated it or anything, in the middle of the day Spotify just started trying to download all my songs onto my internal phone storage. I deleted and redownloaded the app, restarted my phone several times, but it won't even give me the option to download songs to the SD card anymore, it doesn't register its existence. Theres nothing wrong with the SD card, other audio I have stored on it plays fine and I can download other things from other apps to it. This is a Spotify only problem.

3 Replies

Glad I'm not alone, though I only noticed it a few hours ago. My phone registered that it had it all downloaded on my SD card in my phones settings, but not spotify 

So you know, I managed to fix this. Spotify is downloading to my SD card again. But. I did that by getting really desperate, my phone has 16 gbs of internal data with .4 free so I had to stream Spotify and I was running out of data. By formatting my SD card. And that's a really extreme solution. I tried to backup everything I could think of, but I missed some things and now they're gone for good.

But Spotify absolutely is downloading there now. Can't say it will work for you, I don't know technology let alone why this glitch happened and if yours and mine are the same glitch, but it worked for me. 

Glad you got yours sorted, not sure if mine is working right, but it seems I might've been lucky on this reinstall.

Suggested posts