Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify won't update my playlist

Solved!

Spotify won't update my playlist

I have two playlists, one with all my music and a second, smaller, one for my mobile phone. I added a few songs to both playlists, but the songs won't come up on the playlist for my phone. So I can't sync them and listen to them when I'm offline. Funny part is that they do show up on the other playlist, a list that isn't playable offline on my phone. 

I rebooted my phone multiple times, even deleted the app and resynct the playlist. I also logged out of the desktop app, rebooted it, nothing works. This is quite annoying, and I don't know what to do next!

Edit: Now it stopped syncing my playlist at 74%.. And it won't synchonise my local files.. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Marked as solution

Just to follow this up - we've confirmed that this is all clear now.

Let us know if you're continuing to have issues. Thanks.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

29 Replies

I'm having problems synching playlists too. It's not the first time.. It's more often now then ever before. Hope they'll fix it soon

I get an error message in Spotify: Could not synchronize playlists...

Same problem here. The same issue happened about 3 weeks ago....

The problem applies mainly for the starred tracks. They will not sync at all sometimes, not to any of my devices; laptop, desktop, mobile phone

I just loaded spotify on my new phone and NO Playlists show up, it just keeps saying Loading...

Had that problem too, after a reboot it worked though. 

Tried to sync my playlist again, now it's stuck at 0%.. 

I'm having the same problem too with both computers, a smart phone and a TiVo box.

Is there a way to reload playlists manually?

Are they aware of the problems??

Marked as solution

Thank you raych and for the link.

Marked as solution

Just to follow this up - we've confirmed that this is all clear now.

Let us know if you're continuing to have issues. Thanks.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I am (still) experiencing issues on my Android phone while trying to synchronize all my playlists to use them offline. Spotify simply shows the error message

----------------------------------

Error while synchronizing

Unknown Error

<Continuie>

or in German:

Fehler beim Synchronisieren

Unbekannter Fehler.

<Weiter>

Please advise how to fix this?

Same here

Same here: App Version 0.5.4.73 Android 4.1.1 (HTC Sense 4+) HTC OX+ Deinstalled several times!

I still have this problem, could you please help me have my ipad synchronised with my desktop app?

Thanks

Jon

Just checked my playlist on Android and IOS and a whole playlist isn't there but it's there on my desktop.

This has happend a few times in the past month and I have to keep remembering what I had on the playlist.

Is this an ongoing problem now??

Might have to cancel if this keeps happening.

Hi Richard,

I have read through the forum and although the problem is said to be fixed i am still having ongoing issues syncing my Starred playlist across all my devices (ipad,phone and desktop).

Is there a sequence of troubleshooting that i can do personally?

Thanks.

What desktop client version are you using?

@OscarL wrote:

Hi Richard,

I have read through the forum and although the problem is said to be fixed i am still having ongoing issues syncing my Starred playlist across all my devices (ipad,phone and desktop).

Is there a sequence of troubleshooting that i can do personally?

Thanks.

I still have this problem on my devices (iOS) now and then.

I get old playlists, cant see new ones and tracks I have added to playlists do not update and show on my devices.

@ChristopherA wrote:

I still have this problem on my devices (iOS) now and then.

I get old playlists, cant see new ones and tracks I have added to playlists do not update and show on my devices.

Does it eventually go back into sync on its own? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

im having this problem too. i put a few songs on the playlists on my computer, but when i check my ipod they arent there. what do i do? it doesnt seem like the ipod is syncing with my computer right

Suggested posts