Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

States offline even when connected to wifi

States offline even when connected to wifi

Help!

I have spotify premium, but ever since the last update (about a week ago, version 2.8.0.1029 armV7), spotify on my phone states that I am offline all the time, even when I'm connected to wifi. I can listen to my offline playlists, but I can't change them or add songs or anything. I'm travelling (for 4 more months) and don't have my laptop with me and I only have 21 more days untill I have to go online. Help!? How do I solve this problem?

5 Replies

Similar issues here (Switzerland). App says I'm offline when that's not the problem. Paying premium user, I hope we get some kind of compensation, very frustrating.

In your settings, at the top of the page, there should be a slider there. It's a toggle so you CAN go offline if you would like to listen to music without absorbing data. If you press that, it should put you back online.

Already tried that, the toggle is on.. I can listen to my offline
playlists, but I tried to change one and it wont let me put on another one,
or lets me download new songs. Even when I'm connected to wifi (I dont have
mobile data because Im travelling), it just keeps stating im offline. The
app doesnt seem to recognize I'm connected to the wifi.

If the toggle is 'on', then you are in offline mode. Turn it 'off' and try it again.

Hey, I've been seeing this occasionally in the last few days. I find that toggling WiFi off then back on from android settings fixes this for me.

Suggested posts