Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Stop rewinding podcasts after notifications

Stop rewinding podcasts after notifications

So I listen to Spotify on my Galaxy s23 ultra. I like listening to podcasts. Every single time I get a notification the podcast rewinds for about 10 seconds. I don't mind the podcast being interrupted. But I feel like there should be a setting to turn off the feature where Spotify rolls the podcast back. It's very inconvenient. Every time I get a notification I have to re-listen to about 10 seconds of dialogue. It's even worse when you have multiple notifications. I can't just turn off notifications to my phone cuz I have to be available. So Spotify should make a setting where we can turn this feature off

6 Replies

Hi there @asuib515,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community! We've moved your post to the Help Boards.

Can you let us know what kind of notification causes your podcast to rewind - in app notifications or notifications from other apps/ messaging services?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I get the same. Any navigation alert like a verbal warning or beep for exceeding the speed limit rewinds podcasts. Super annoying.

Same here, no matter the notification. Pretty sure the app is rewinding the podcast to the previous 15sec marker when a notification comes in. Very annoying. 

Same here all outlook email and text cause 10 seconds replay super annoying. 

Hey there folks,

Since we have been getting some reports on this, we've checked with our teams and they've done some investigating. We appreciate your feedback as it helps inform our improvements going forward, but just as a heads up, we’re not able to confirm if or when your specific request will be resolved. 

This behavior is quite specific for the OS of the phone and the Spotify app, so tracking down the exact root cause for all possible set ups is quite challenging. We recommend keeping your Spotify app up-to-date to guarantee you get the latest features and fixes as soon as we launch them. It's also worth tinkering around with the phone's settings themselves, as that could also help solve this, but we would not be able to give concrete instructions for each individual case here.

Thanks!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've had this super annoying issue on Oppo, Xiaomi and now S23 Ultra phones. Only Waze alerts, never Google maps, and only when playing Spotify podcasts but never music. The type of alert in Waze seems to determine how much rewind or mute of the podcast is applied. 

Suggested posts