Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Store downloaded songs on SD galaxy s3 Spotifyversion: 0.5.9.29

Store downloaded songs on SD galaxy s3 Spotifyversion: 0.5.9.29

Hi!

I'm wondering if anyone else is having problem in the latest release of Spotify on Android?

I almost recently acquired the Samsung Galaxy S3, and I can't download the songs to the SD card.

This bothers me A LOT, as I can only store approximately 600 songs in extreme quality in the internal storage.

Of course I got a new SD card to be able to store even more, but I do not have the option to store the songs on there AT ALL.

Before I got the GS3, I had the HTC Incredible S with the previous version of Spotify. There I could store all the songs on the external memory. Now I can't.

Am I the only one with this problem, and do YOU know of a solution to this problem?

Is it Spotify, or is it the GS3?

All responses are appreciated. Thank You!

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300)

Androidversion: 4.1.2

Spotifyversion: 0.5.9.29

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

There is no functionality in the current android application to store offline content on the micro SD card in your device. 

It is a hotly and angrily discussed topic here on the android section (I am going to move this post over to the android section too).

There is a work around which involves installing an old version of the client and then updating to use the SD card, it will be in that topic somewhere I am sure!

Peter

Move: Contrib --> Android

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

hi

i have the Galaxy S3 also.

and just got a microSD card today.

and now i have spent about one hour on these forums, only to arrive at the conculsion:

offline music data CANNOT be stored on external SD card.

whaaaaaT????

in fact, that was the main reason for me to even buy an external card...

i have 6GB of spotify data on my phone now, at extreme quality, and that's only about 500 songs or so?

i want to download a ton more, yet i won't be able to do this without being able to store data on SD card....

Just go into settings in new version on your device and under downloads choose"Extreme Quality" and all files will be stored on your sd card. No need for all ofthis extra nonsense!

WRONG!!!! Please see my reply-cyberhippiechick

Suggested posts