Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Stuck in Offline-modus

Solved!

Stuck in Offline-modus

Hey,

I've read and tried all the basic things on how to fix this. Delete cache, log out/in, uninstall/reinstall. I can't pick any song anymore after using offline modus like one or two months ago. I have this issue on my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (with latest android and app). Is there a setting I overlooked. I saw on Q&A a printscreen of a Offline Toggle in Settings for example but I can't find it anywhere.

It also tells me to buy Premium after a a few songs have been played through shuffle. So that also indicates I'm using Offline-modus. Oh, and Wi-Fi is fine..

Thanks in advance 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @Joe64, Welcome to the Community!

Playing every track whenever you want (on mobile devices) and offline modes are only available for Spotify Premium subscribers.

Users without a Spotify Premium subscription can only play in shuffle mode.

The reason you hear that you can buy Premium after a few songs is that you don't have currently a Spotify Premium subscription. Spotify Premium subscribers don't hear advertisements.

Cheers,.

Vincent

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @Joe64, Welcome to the Community!

Playing every track whenever you want (on mobile devices) and offline modes are only available for Spotify Premium subscribers.

Users without a Spotify Premium subscription can only play in shuffle mode.

The reason you hear that you can buy Premium after a few songs is that you don't have currently a Spotify Premium subscription. Spotify Premium subscribers don't hear advertisements.

Cheers,.

Vincent

Thanks for your clear and fast reply. I assumed I didn't need Premium to listen to songs on mobile devices with Wi-Fi connection.

@Joe64 Your welcome and thanks for marking as solution.

You don't need Premium to play playlists in shuffle mode 😉

Cheers,

Vincent

Hi guys,

I have the same issue but I have defintely a premium account.

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Suggested posts