Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

TRUE shuffle play

TRUE shuffle play

I would like to know if there's a way of enabling TRUE shuffle play in Spotify. Whether it's on Android, Windows or Blackberry, if you enable random play, Spotify will ALWAYS play the most listened songs in your playlist, rather than selecting any random song. It's very very very annoying to listen to the same music over and over again. One of the main purposes of shuffle play is to avoid this from happening!

By the way, Ihave a "Premium" account, if that's of any interest.

1 Reply

Hi, thanks for posting, and welcome to the community. Spotify did make some changes to the shuffle algorithm about a year ago, which you can see the details of here. The general idea is it tries to not play multiple songs by the same artist too close together, and it seems to me like that is working. That said, shuffle is shuffle...there's not any other kind of option to change how it behaves. Could you elaborate a little on what you mean about the most listened songs playing every time? It might help to make a list of the first 10 or so songs that play in 3 consecutive play sessions, especially if you're listening to a relatively lengthy playlist, and post those here.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts