Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Tracks Pause, App Closes, "Currently Playing" Indicator Frozen

Tracks Pause, App Closes, "Currently Playing" Indicator Frozen

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy s10e

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Starting recently (it may have begun after the latest system update), the app has displayed a host of issues. This is after years of not having a problem. The most frustrating issue is that it pauses randomly and/or closes out of the app. Second in line is the area that indicates what song is playing (both in the bar at the bottom of the screen and the full screen when it's clicked) freezes: The play and pause button work and the progress bar, strangely, but it doesn't list the accurate track or album art and the favorite button only applies to the (inaccurately) listed song. Finally, when I am using the desktop feature, it will occasionally jump from playing out of my laptop to playing from my phone.

I deleted and reinstalled Spotify, restarted my phone, cleared the cache and data, twice, and am still having problems with it.

1 Reply

Hey @Sir3,

Thanks for reaching out with this one.

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your devices? We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain.. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your devices a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

It's also a good idea to make sure that Spotify is excluded from battery optimization and has all necessary permissions on your phone. Follow these steps:

1. Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.

2. Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.

3. Last step - restart the phone.

Note: Menu order may differ on different devices.

If that doesn't fix things could you test a friend or family members account and see if the issue comes up there as well? We'd also appreciate it if you share the exact Spotify and Android versions you are running.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts