Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[UI bug] Playing song - album cover overlaps with "Playing from" text

Solved!

[UI bug] Playing song - album cover overlaps with "Playing from" text

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland 

Device

Teyes CC3 Android Head Unit

Operating System

Android 10,

Spotify Version: 8.8.70.532

My Question or Issue

Hi, I've got a problem with UI and I didn't find it in any other topic. As you can see on attached photos, "Playing from" text overlaps with album cover on split-screen on Android Head Units. I tried to clean reinstall app, but it didn't work. One time after some update the problem vanished for some time (after Android Web View update in Play Store - maybe it is a hint) then it has come back permanently 😕 I guess there is something wrong with UI styles and breakpoints, as I have this problem in my two cars 🙂 Can you fix this or at least give me some feedback if its normal. Previously text "Playing from" was above album cover as it is showed on screenshot with app being on full screen. 

PS: Sorry for photos instead of screenshots. 

386883468_370720028627256_4026583063464616202_n.jpg
386757890_1678705925944014_3297907725922173323_n.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @SuddenlyPineapple,

Thanks for providing the video and apologies for the delayed response. 

We’ve passed on the info and it looks like there are some layout issues with the split view on Android devices in general.

We're continuously improving the app and optimizing it, so this can be fixed in the future by an optimization update, however, we won't be able to specifically focus on this or provide an exact date for a fix.

Hope this helps. Take care 🙂 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @SuddenlyPineapple,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We appreciate the time you took to let us know about this. In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info:

• Current firmware of the device in which you notice this behavior.
  • A video recording of this behavior. It'd be awesome if you could record the app on full screen and then go into split screen. You can attach the video in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.
  • Does this happen no matter which playlist/content you choose to play or does it happen just when playing the Liked Songs on a split screen? It'd be awesome if you could clarify that. Make sure to how us in the video how the app behaves when playing a different playlist.

We'll forward all this info to the right team, so they can further investigate. 

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Hi, here is link to video: https://youtu.be/HHLJ0meLuDk, playlist doesn't matter. It's on every playlist and song 🙂 Just split screen matters. Screen resolution is 1280x720 as it is stated on product page (I have basic CC3 version [1280x720], not CC3 2K - 2000x1200). So this happens when app resolution is something around 640x720 🙂 

Also, I have like the newest version of Android Web View for Android 10 (maybe this will help), maybe older version was better I don't know if this even matter in context of dependency, but if I remember correctly this layout shift happened after update of Android Web View, but It can be a coincidence that my cache was cleared after updates

PS: Sorry for my poor English in the video 😅 It was a bit late when I was recording that... I can also show it on Zoom call (or etc.) if you want more input. I also tried to reproduce it in the desktop browser, but the layout there is much different.

PS2: Firmware version is in the video.

Marked as solution

Hey @SuddenlyPineapple,

Thanks for providing the video and apologies for the delayed response. 

We’ve passed on the info and it looks like there are some layout issues with the split view on Android devices in general.

We're continuously improving the app and optimizing it, so this can be fixed in the future by an optimization update, however, we won't be able to specifically focus on this or provide an exact date for a fix.

Hope this helps. Take care 🙂 

LyubkaModerator

Thank you for your answer. I know it probably won't be quick as I'm a Frontend Developer myself. However, I hope that at least some task has been created, and since we already have Hacktoberfest, maybe some good soul will take care of it while developing some other business functionality 😉 Anyway I'm happy that task has been created, keep my fingers crossed and I will be keeping app up to date waiting for fix 😁

Suggested posts