Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Unable to access storage option

Unable to access storage option

I can't choose where my music is downloaded anymore. I had the option yesterday but then my music undownloaded and now I can't download it to my SD card. I am using a ZTE zmax pro with Android 6.0.1.
10 Replies

I too as a Premium user no longer have a Storage under "Other" Settings on my Galaxy S5. I have version 8.4.11.1283armV7, have cleared cache and saved data, uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted my phone, confirmed I can browse the SD card files, and both device and SD card have at least a few gigs free each. Please advise.

Try taking your SD card out and putting it back in. This fixed the issue
for me.

That did it, thanks!
Why couldn't the app have said something like "can't detect your SD card" or even just grey out the storage option instead of hiding it completely? Google Maps couldn't update offline maps on my SD card either, but similar to Spotify, it gave no indication by sitting at 0% and gave no error. Frustrating!

I unmounted and re-installed the sd card. There no options to have spotify use the sd card for storage rather than using the internal memory. I will have to cease downloading soon because I will fill internetal memory.

I have used Android's->preferences->storage&USB->internal storage->apps->spotify and there is no option there to move spotify data to the sd card.

I also tried

spotify->your library->preferences->(everything I could think of) and was unable to change the location of the spotify data.

Any other ideas?

The storage option only appears if the SD card is formatted as "portable" and not "internal" storage.

Thanks for the reply, but ouch!

Is there a reason that "internal" formatting prevents Spotify from using this storage space? I have other apps with large databases that use it with no problem.

All I know is what it says in this post. Android usually offers the option to store app data on an SD card formatted as internal but I don't think it sees the spotify cache as app data for some reason.

Thanks Joe. That helped. My apologies for not finding the posting you references earlier.

I will convert one of our phone's sd card back to external.

No worries. To be honest, I don't see much point in formatting the SD card as internal storage on modern phones. It;s telling that the major manufacturers are starting to drop support for adoptable storage .

just a heads up another cause of this is if the app decides to create a local cache directory on your phone.  if *both* a cache on yr phone and the SD exist, it wont give you an option in Settings.  If you delete the local cache directory, the app finds the cache on the SD and the setting reappears.   the conditional logic of this setting is a wee bit flawed... 

Suggested posts