Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Unable to skip to a specific time of a local song

Unable to skip to a specific time of a local song

Hi.

In the recent few days Spotify seems to work really oddly with downloaded local songs. I've already tried to reinstall the app, use both local storage and the SD card. I made a playlist test, with one spotify song and a local song, downloaded them both on my device and the result is:

• the spotify song works perfectly, I can skip to any second of it
  • the local song, however, whenever I try to skip to any second of it, it just restarts and it is really annoying

This issue is on Android only because, when I sync it with my PC, I can do everything fine from my device to my PC, but not on my device only.

Video proof: https://streamable.com/y3o47 (maybe it will explain it better since I wouldn't even know to better address this issue in my native language). The circle and the x on the second song mean that, even though it shows to be at 2:58, the song actually started again from the beginning (it's impossible to record android audio so I didn't know how to explain it better visually).

27 Replies

I have the exact same problem.

I wiped the cache and data of the app hoping that it would fix it, but it didn't.

After hours of research I found a topic with the same issue (I seriously didn't know what the heck to search on google). How to fix it? Install the older version.

Well, that's not really a fix is it 😕

Sorry, you're right, workaround* 

I have the exact same problem since the last update. Really annoying. And it's only with local files. Nothing works from soft reset of the app to reinstall... 

I have the exact same problem.

Same here, except it does the same on my desktop version too.

Some tracks I have are 60-70 mins and if you leave it paused halfway through for a length of time, when I return to it, it's returned the beginning...

I have the same thing and it's rather annoying. For a brief moment I thought it was just a bug I'm having or my Galaxy S7 acting up, but I reset the app and restored all of the songs and it still doesn't work. Came here to make a thread about it  and noticed this.

I also noticed that if I select my phone from the "Connect to a device" section so that the song starts playing on my phone, I can't even skip the song by using my PC either. When listening on the PC, I can skip local files just fine.

I hope this is just a bug that's gonna be fixed and not an intended change.

Same here. 
Example of a track (there is no sound) https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoKlt9oTRRBSo-UVsl3cSYm-gTSp1Q but seek is not supported on this one.

How can a release like this pass any decent QA???

Same problem here, on sony Z5 compact. Cant seek in any of my 1-2 hour mixes, useless.

Anyone has a solution about this problem ? 

Same here for me, i just downgraded to the older version and it works fine as usual. Highly annoying though, as previous post, how the **bleep** can this pass QA? 

miragefive56  what version did you downgrade to? I've tried 8.4.53.691 and 8.4.52.812 and it still doesnt work.

Im using Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact, and when i uninstalled Spotify in
Settings/applications it just downgraded to version 4.2.0.752. I have no
idea why, or how, maybe its bundled to the Android version in the phone.
However this proved actually more annoying since that version doesnt
support changing the storage location to SD card, which i really need to.
So alas, I had to install the latest version anyway.

But, answer to your question is version 4.2.0.752

Thanks man, version 4.2.0.752 works like a charm. 

Great!

Just hope they fix this for the next update...

If everyone would need a link for a spotify version with this working: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-8-4-51-899-release/spotify-music-8-4-51-899...

I am exactly with the same problem, since the last update I can not control where I listen to the Local Files songs

We need an urgent update

This bug is it only on devices with Android or affected devices with iOS?

I've reported the bug for email and chat support in Messenger, I hope they resolve fast without having to leave updates behind

Suggested posts