Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped, no offered solutions have fixed it. please help!

Solved!

Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped, no offered solutions have fixed it. please help!

Hi, I use spotify premium. About 5 days ago I was using spotify and it suddenly stopped working (it froze my phone and I had to take the battery out to turn it back on because nothing worked, not even holding the power button for 30 seconds). Ever since, I haven't been able to use it. Finally today I decided to reset my phone because it was pretty slow after the spotify thing happened. I have a galaxy S4 mini, android 4.4.2. To my dissapointment, it didn't work. I've tried several offered solutions I found on this blog but nothing has worked. For example, I tried one that to uninstall spotify, then turn my phone off, take my sd card out, turn the phone back on, install spotify, turn it back off, put the sd card back and turn it back on. It only worked because at least it showed the initial home page where you can sign in. It let me put my user and password and I pressed sign in but nothing happened for minutes until it finally crashed. Same thing happened when I tried the option to login via Facebook. 

I also tried this: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/GUIDE-How-to-fix-common-issues-for-Spotify-on-Android/...

So I really need help. Please. Has anyone had this problem and has somehow managed to fix it? If so, please please help me, I really miss using spotify, it barely uses any space off of my sim card and well it is awesome so please. Thank you!!!! 

PS. Also I just noticed it won't even let me clear the data or cache using app manager. I can touch Clear data and it seems like it is working but then my screen goes off and when I turn it back on it says Clear data again and the total is still there (5.20GB) same happens with Cache which is only 40KB. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Can you try uninstalling the app. remove your SD Card and reboot your phone.

Now install the Spotify app and open it up without the SD card in.

Does it now load OK? If so, your SD card may be correupt. Try backing up the data and formatting/chkdsk.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Can you try uninstalling the app. remove your SD Card and reboot your phone.

Now install the Spotify app and open it up without the SD card in.

Does it now load OK? If so, your SD card may be correupt. Try backing up the data and formatting/chkdsk.

Android Troubleshooting:

IT WORKED!!!!!

Thank you so so so so sooo much. I honestly never thought of that. Thank you again! Now Im off to formatting my sd card lol.

You made my day!

Brilliant, glad to have helped!

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts