Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

What's happened to Gramofon?

What's happened to Gramofon?

My Question or Issue

After months wrestling with Sonos's obtuse interface with poor Spotify support, I discovered Gramofon as a remarkably cheap alternative with excellent reviews. However it seems to be impossible to buy it!

Does anyone have any idea why this should be or where I can get one?

5 Replies

I got one of those about 4-5 years back now. Very good it is too though it can be a little temperamental. To be honest though at £50 is was made noncompetitive by the amazing chromecast audio from Google which was better and cheaper until it too became discontinued so now you have to look at the Amazon Echo dot as an alternative. Gramofon were driven out of business by the tech giants :(. That's modern life for you.

I try to get the Gramofon working again with the amplifier after getting a new router. Do you know what to do or where to get help?

First factory reset the Gramofon. You do this by holding in the top button and plugging in the power. When the led changes from red to yellow you should release the top button. To set up the Gramofon like a new one, download the Gramofon setup app for your smartphone and follow the instructions. 

Thank you for your input.

Unfortunately I have done this already, without having a result.

Now (2024) you can get a Gen 1 Sonos Connect for about $50.  Ya it's old and obsolete but it works very nicely and it's a lot less flaky than the Gramofon. You can also get old Sonos Bridges for nearly nothing, and set up a pretty solid S1 network.  There's not a lot of reason any more to keep your Gramofons on life support.

Suggested posts