Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

When turning the screen off, Spotify pauses until the screen is back on again

When turning the screen off, Spotify pauses until the screen is back on again

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10+

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Hello everyone. I am really **bleep** off. I've been using Spotify for 5 years and this problem never seems to be fixed.  Note, that my actual account is not this one but for some reason it logged me to the wrong account. Every morning, while travelling with the underground train, the music pauses when I turn off the screen after a few seconds, then it will start playing again by itself, or until I turn on the screen, and then it will pause again. While travelling with the underground train, there is no internet whatsoever, so I downloaded my music offline, and this happens with both my downloaded playlist and other songs.

Some other times I've noticed when I am connected to the internet sudden pauses or when I turn my screen, the music stops. Now, it stops when I turn off the screen. The above have been noticed with the Samsung Galaxy S5, S7 Edge, S8+, S10+ and Huwai (even if this was not my mobile, but the rest were).

I've undertook the following steps to try and troubleshoot it:

Checked the app settings, and disabled any battery optimisations, on the settings of the app.

Checked the Device Care in case if it was disabling it, but it wasn't

All phones were in Max Performance mode and not in Battery Saving

Uninstalled and re-installed Spotify

Cleaned the Cache

Turned off my phone and back on again for more than 1 minute

In fact I've tried multiple things, but lately it became real pain in the ***.

Anybody to suggest something or get finally Spotify development team to sort this out, since the same problem has been reported by multiple users?

0 Replies

Suggested posts