Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

White screen on Android

White screen on Android

Samsung S3 G

Was running fine but now getting the white screen of death. Reinstalled, reboot, etc = no change. Started about a week ago. Help! Spot still runs ok on laptop during this. Need tunes bad.....rich

14 Replies

Try going into Task Manager, Active Applications and see if Spotify shows up. If so, click Exit. For some reason I have to do this every time I start Spotify. Kind of a pain, but better than nothing.

Download 0.6.20 from Google Play. It seems to have sorted this out.

So I am getting a white screen on my android app. I have tried clearing my cache, removing the app and reinstalling it. And I am stell getting the white screen. Any advice on next steps?

What is your mobile device and android version and what version of spotify are you using?

Samsung Galaxy 3. Android version 4.1.2

Spotify version? If you can't run Spotify to check, you can check in settings/apps/downloaded and selecting Spotify from there. Version number is at the top of the App Info screen.

Spotify Version 0.6.0.20

Hi mdouget. I know you've already tried reinstalling but could you just try the troubleshooting steps in this post and let me know how it goes? Don't worry about the template 🙂

I did all of those steps. And I am still getting the white screen. 😞 it loaded fine and then I was able to log in and then it goes white by itself.

This shouldn't be happening on your S3. Could you try following the steps outlined in this post which solved the same issue on a S4? Please let me know if it works for you. Thanks.

I am having the same issue since updating spotify on my S3 yesterdy. I am pretty annoyed as I am a premium subscriber and I have been using spotify as my only music player, paying cutomers shouldn't be Beta testers!

I made it work for a while by deleting the app and manually deleting the files but I am back to the white screen of death. I think the problem occured again after downloading some of the playlists (which are stored on my SD card), while connected to wifi. I was wondering if the SD cards are causing some of this problem and the solution would be to allow a choice of downloading music to the phones internal memory?

I am using a Galaxy S3 4G, international eddition and have about 20GB free on my SD card.

I will attempt to roll back versions but are Spotify working on actually fixing this? There appears to be many posts on this issue.

Hi. There are few reports of issues on newer versions of android so far but I'm sure the Spotify staff are watching closely. I use a Nexus 7 so no SD card but it would be interesting to know how the app behaves if you were to reinstall with the SD card temporarily removed. Might give us something to feed back to the devs.

I will attempt to do this and report back and hope that can be usefull to the Spotify team.

I am not an expert in any way on coding, so I have to ask, what is the reason why there is no option to select where to save the data to? Most software has had the ability to select where to save to for as long as I have been using computers (~25 years).

Hopefully I have some luck without the SD card. I will post nack later today with the answer.

And if it makes any difference to the problem, my desktop client also can't see my android device even though they are connected to the same network and logged in using the same credentials....

Not usre if this has an effect.

Suggested posts