Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why can't I see some lyrics any more?

Why can't I see some lyrics any more?

Premium/NL/Android+Desktop

Some lyrics have disappeared from Android and Desktop.

For example, "I Go Hard, I go home" by "The Presets" is almost unintelligible without lyrics. I used to be able to get the lyrics on Spotify, now I can't. Yet they are still available on musixmatch: https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/The-Presets/I-Go-Hard-I-Go-Home

Other songs where I don't get lyrics:

Tear You Apart - She Wants Revenge
People I don't Like - UPSAHL
Overwhelmed - Royal & the Serpent
Master and Servant - Nouvelle Vague
Make Me Wanna Die - The Pretty Reckless

So, why have they disappeared Spotify? Is it due to licencing?

I would actually like an answer please, not 'log out and reinstall', thanks.

23 Replies

Hey @tobydjones

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

Please note that lyrics may not show if the lyrics provider hasn't got lyrics for that song in their catalogue. 

Hopefully that cleared things up, but if you’ve any other questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know about them.

Have a nice day! 

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Dear Kiril,

As I said in my post, the lyrics for all these songs are available on musixmatch, which Spotify uses as the lyrics provider.

They used to be in Spotify, but now they aren't. Why not?

Toby

Hey @tobydjones,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We appreciate your feedback regarding the lyrics feature. At the moment, lyrics may not be available on all songs, but new lyrics are added every day, so you may find them added in the future.

Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Dear Kiril & OscarDC,

I assume neither of you actually read the question, you just saw the word 'lyrics' and hit a button for a pre-made answer. Unfortunately this makes you sound deranged, and it leaves me frustrated that neither of you has answered my question.

Toby

Hello,

What you describe sounds like a common "catalogue issue" problem.

The causes that can lead to this type of problem are multiple, but in short it is the fact that the lyrics are no longer properly linked to the Spotify music.

This is the most common and easily solvable problem :

1. For this you should join the community Slack open to all.
  2. In this Slack, a channel named "#catalogue-issues" is present.
  3. And you will have to ask a "refresh" specifying the link to the album(s) concerned (even if it only affects one track, send the album link). Also, you can report wrong lyrics on this same slack, in another channel, if you want it.

If there are no other specific issues, then the lyrics will be available for viewing on Spotify within 24 to 72 hours.

I know that doing this is certainly a little longer than filling out a form, but you will be sure that the problem will really be corrected.

Thank you for reading.

The lyrics button (or microphone) stopped showing on both, my desktop (windows) and my phone (android). I am using free version of spotify. Is there any new update? Or is something just not working?

Hello was it necessary to make people pay for premium for them to look at the lyrics?

There is a update where you have to have premium access don’t ask me why

In this vein, now that the song IS released on spotify, i can’t seem to locate the lyrics within the interface. where they usually appear at the bottom, there is an “about the artist” tab instead. Is this just due to the transcriptions being on a separate timeline? Or is this censoring?

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS AND ALSO THE TRANSLATION FEATURE. WHY IS IT GONE. LIKE I REMEMBER IT I SWEAR, I NEED IT SPOTIFY........... AND ALSO LIKE WHENEVER I LOOK AT HE LYRICS, IT ONLY SHOWS 4 ROWS EVEN THOUGH THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE. BTW I HAVE PREIMIUM SO I SHOULD HAVE IT

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WTH IT JUST DISAPPEARED wth

I have the some problem with lyrics too, on free spotify lyrics show below the song on my device (tablet) but when i upgraded to premium, the lyrics is gone

Same problem.  Up until maybe April ‘24, I saw lyrics to every song I played. Some old, some new.  Now “lyrics unavailable” for every song.  Songs I’ve seen the lyrics to 500x on a playlist song.  Also the “next 30min commercial free” is BS.  Usually 2-3 songs and 2 more adds. Including some hospital/healthcare system that’s 500 miles away from me.  Spotify definitely slipping. 

I have a premium account, and can no longer see lyrics on any song on my Galaxy S24. I could until a couple weeks ago. 

Great reply. Subscribe to resolve problem.

I try to download or look for the lyrics but all it shows is "Couldn't show the lyrics of this song" to literally every song. I need lyrics too sometimes, it used to be there in the non premium one atleast. Even after purchasing the premium plan, I don't see any help.

I am a Spotify paid subscriber and many lyrics which were available have gone. It looks like YouTube Music may be the better option now.

Plan

Premium

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

My spotify doesn't show lyrics, there is a mic icon but i can't press it like there's some "X" icon showing when i try to press mic icon

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Premium

Egypt

Oppo A15

Oppo

I can't see the lyrics for all songs and I tried everything to fix it but nothing worked

Suggested posts