Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why does the app automatically open after using earbuds

Why does the app automatically open after using earbuds

Android app opens and starts blaring music as soon as I turn off my earbuds from watching any other streaming app. Bluetooth remains on, I've just put my earbuds back in their case and the app will automatically start playing music despite never being opened, and despite restricting running in the background. If this issue can't be fixed, I will cancel my duo subscription.
1 Reply

Hello @Brianrf1 

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. I'll try to help you out. When connecting a Bluetooth device to your phone, the autostart function depends on the way this device is configured to interact with the app API. If your Earbuds have touch senses, it most likely will be activated when you remove one or put it back in.

There's a few things we can test in order to try to fix this. Could you try having a clean reinstall of the app and resetting your phone? If that doesn't do the trick, could you check if this happens pairing your Earbuds to a different device? It would be great if you could pair other Earbuds to your device to see if it makes any difference.

Also, some users mentioned different settings on their phones that resolved the issue for them. You can check them by following the links of the floating response of this thread.

Let me know how you get on!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts