Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Won't play full album unless all songs are individually liked in album

Won't play full album unless all songs are individually liked in album

Premium user, Huawei P30, suddenly playlists with 1000s of songs, or albums saved, if user goes to play album, full album won't play unless all songs are individually liked.  This is very difficult to do with 1000s of things saved. Everything was working fine yesterday and doesn't do this on desktop player. Any advice?

8 Replies

Hey @vvmun,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind sharing a list of the exact steps to reproduce what you're reporting? It'll provide us with the needed details to determine what can be done about it.

We're looking forward to your update and we're here to help with anything else too! 

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. 

It's still an ongoing issue on the android device (not an issue on desktop though). 

As an example, this artist (but it happens with all):

Screenshot_20200320_165330_com.spotify.music.jpg

That song will play because it's "liked"

But the rest, will not play because they're not liked and just goes back to Wild:

Screenshot_20200320_165341_com.spotify.music.jpg

And the app has been uninstalled and reinstalled, still doesn't matter.

Hi there, did you manage to resolve this issue?

I've started having the same problem and don't know how to fix this. I'm on iOS.

Thanks!

Hi! I am having this exact same problem. Did you figure out how to resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Shannon Harvey 

Hey there folks,

Could you try enabling Autoplay from the app Settings? Also let us know what happens when you click the play next button in the Now Playing view. Does the next song in the playlist start or does the next Liked song start playing.

@vvmun, Thanks for the info and those screenshots. You've mentioned that you've reinstalled the app on your Android device. Could you perform a clean reinstall, which involves deleting the app cache and tell us if that helps? You can find the exact steps on how do do that in this support article.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

AlexModerator

I'm having the same issue. macOS 10.15.6

If I save an album to my library and try to play it, none of the tracks will play. But if I make a new playlist from the album, then it will play.

Also, if I start to play an album from my library and it doesn't play but I don't pause playback, playback will begin right after I make a playlist from the album. So I don't even have to play the album from my playlist - I only have to create the playlist.

This also happens with individual songs. If I search for a song and try to play it, it won't play until I add it to a playlist.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Hey there @princessofcairo,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

We'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not leading to any issues.

If that doesn't do the trick, it's a good idea to check the hosts file with the steps below:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit 
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

**bleep**.

Suggested posts