Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Wrong Version of Song

Wrong Version of Song

I don't really know what to say about this one, except to explain my issue.

I went to play an album from Tori Amos (Boys for Pele) the other day. The first few songs played just fine, but the fourth track "Professional Widow" started, and it was some kind of club music. I'm guessing it was a remix or something, but I don't know for sure. I couldn't stand to listen to it long enough to find out. I even tried downloading the album to my device and that didn't help.

Another time, I went to listen to the album Little Voice, from Sara Barielles, and one of the tracks on the album was the version from the album before it (Careful Confessions). I can't remember which track it was exactly, but it just kind of killed the flow of the album having a different version of the track pop up.

Usually this problem pops up with songs that I own but Spotify doesn't have. Namely a handful of tracks on Hooverphonic's Sit Down and Listen To. When I try to play that album, even though I've supposedly downloaded it to my device, some of the versions that play are the ones from the album With Orchestra Live. These are extremely different sounding albums, especially since they have different vocalists, not to mention the just plain different moods of each album (even though they contain the same tracks). The track it happens most with, is The Last Thing I Need Is You. I've "unlinked" all the versions of each song on my PC and that fixed the problem for every track but this one. Every time I play it, it plays the version from With Orchestra Live instead.

This has happened for dozens of other songs, but these are the main ones that I can say for sure it's happened to, with the first and last happening repeatedly. I haven't tried listening to Little Voice again to see if it still occurs.

Is there any way to stop this?

7 Replies

Is this for tracks you have synced locally from your PC or are they ones available to stream in Spotify? 

Please see this thread about how to report broken or incorrect track data.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/PLEASE-READ-Reporting-Incorrect-Track-Info/td-p/25291

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Instances one and two were streaming from Spotify. Instance three was a synced track, but instead of playing the synced track that Spotify doesn't have (but is supposedly synced to my device), it played a version of the track that was available to stream.

And I don't think that they're broken or incorrect, because the day after this happened, I played Professional Widow from the same album on the PC (streamed through Spotify) and it played the correct version. It was only on the app on my S3 that it played the incorrect one. Same thing with the song that was synced to my device. It plays fine on the PC Spotify, but not on the phone...

Bumping this. I have local file "Shake It Off" by Taylor Swift from the album as a local file on my PC. When synced to my Android, I am presented with 'Shake It Off (Piano Version)"  by Romantic Piano Song Masters. It shows and plays that version on my phone even though on my PC it shows and plays the original local file just fine. I have re-synced several times, including moving the file to different locations and re-creating the file to be sure.

This is happening to me as well. I am trying to sync Reckoner by Radiohead,a song spotify doesn't have, so instead, it syncs a cover of that song to my phone. It works fine on the desktop version.

Bumping. I have the exact same issue for the exact same song

I'm having this exact same issue with Taylor Swift's Style, but no other Swift song. It plays the correct version on my PC but a different version on my phone.

Renaming the title and artist in the song's metadata should stop spotify matching it to music in its database.

Suggested posts