Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Xperia Z1 Compact] Equalizer problem

Solved!

[Xperia Z1 Compact] Equalizer problem

Hey Spotify. There seems to be a problem with the equalizer and the Z1 Compact. <br><br>Nothing happens when i change the eq settings in spotify but it works just fine in the integrated music player. <br><br>Could you take a look at this bug? <br><br>Yours sincerely Tovi.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. This looks like a Sony thing and will apparently be fixed in the next OS update in 1-2 months. 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Compact/Sony-EQ-does-not-work-with-Google-Play-music/td-p/54...

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Going to drop this over into the android section. What version of android and Spotify are you using?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Android 4.3 and the latest version of spotify.

Spotify's audio effects is just a front-end for the stock android equaliser. Are you saying the switches/sliders don't work or that they don't change the music quality? Are you using any other equaliser and are you getting this when streaming music or listening to downloaded music?

Im listening to streamed music and the sliders work but music doesnt change character.

I'm having the same problem. The sliders doesn't do anything with the sound in spotify. It used to work, until my last update with my xperia z1 (android 4.3, build 14.2.a.1.136)

Marked as solution

Hi. This looks like a Sony thing and will apparently be fixed in the next OS update in 1-2 months. 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Compact/Sony-EQ-does-not-work-with-Google-Play-music/td-p/54...

I have the same problem with different devices. Samsung S3 and S4. Now with my Sony Xperia Z. There is always a huge difference in sound quality between the built-in music player and spotify. Even the EQ app from the App Store. dosen't really help. I also use KEF m500, which gives a neutral sound. I am really sad. I'm wondering if the iphone has the same problem. I don't believe another update will fix it.

I bought Loewe speaker2go with Aptx. Soundcontrol on my z1 compact (kitkat) is not working. Bluetooth volume is at maximum egen playing Spotify and internal player. I flashed my phone to Jellybean 4.3. (14.2.a.1.114 generic nordic) Now volume control works BUT Spotify/Sony Equalizer is not working. You can move sliders but nothing happens to The sound. After hours of trial and error I finally found The solution. Go to phone settings/options sound. Select sound when touch. Swedish: Ljud vid beröring, and there...Equalizer is working. No kitkat, but nice sound from my Loewe, that is better.

Suggested posts